View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 02:02 PM   #68 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Xringer -- Yes, semaphores. It seems there is a problem putting them on the door post on a convertible. There would be a problem seeing a right turn signal from the left front.

That's the Hebmuller. The best VW — the Corvette of Germany in 1950. Numbers are low because the factory burnt down. That red (Koral Rot) is the only shade of red I care for.

My 1958 sedan is of Canadian manufacture. Where US 58s had the 'peanut' fender-top turn signals, Canadians had the semaphores and the big back window. The semaphore pockets are there but the mechanism is missing. I'd eventually fill them with push button for an entry/car alarm feature. The EV conversion comes first.

cRiPpLe_rOoStEr -- You are correct, sir. The human body and roads (Autobahns, anyone?) haven't changed, but manufacturing has. Apparently there is a problem there, I'm not sure what, maybe the crimped-over panel edges in the rain gutter or something.

And the laws. "Thou shalt not have a windshield you can reach to wipe clean, so we can put a Takata-bomb in front of you."