View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 02:30 AM   #205 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
The batteries are in. It was like lifting 1,000,000 Kenyan refugees or one quarter Oprah getting those batteries in there. They are really heavy. Not Oprah heavy, but what is? Move over Pluto, you have been replaced by Oprah. She's the real reason Pluto is no longer considered a planet. It makes me very angry that she would do such a thing. She's a very bad person.

I cut the 2 gauge cables, and stripped the ends, waiting for the stupid lugs. I have to wait for the lugs to be delivered to me since Oprah ate them, and she's been backed up for over 2 weeks. She promised to bring them over just as soon as they become "available" again. There may be some pitting, but they should still be fine. Any recommendations for removing bad smells and stains from lugs? Can the human gastro-intestinal system strip the tinned layer off of copper?

To Do List:
1. Connect each charger to the stupid batteries.
2. Verify that the chargers charge at 14.4-14.7 volts.
3. Fix the electrical system. (I think I need to strip all the crap out and start over with it)
4. Join the Oprah Book Club
5. Read the book that the homeless cult guy wrote that Oprah really likes.
6. Learn how to count to 7.
8. Screwl a piece of wood on each side of the batteries so they don't slide around in the box, since they don't fit well at all in there!
9. Magically get lots of money without working at all, because I don't like working.
10. Make an implementation of Peter Shor's quantum factoring algorithm on my quantum computer in the garage. Then read Oprah's email, as long as it uses RSA encryption. Does email use RSA? I totally got this. I made a chain of 4 ions, and successfully used them to factor 15 into 15*1. Hmm... I'm not sure that counts as factoring it.
11. Do other stuff so that the car is done.