View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 10:34 PM   #109 (permalink)
kameleon
EcoModding Lurker

This post over on prius chat is where I got the figures: *EDIT* I can't post links yet so here is what the post said

Quote:
This is where the cams come in. By running standard cams, and not the ultra long duration intake cam that the prius uses, you will increase actual compression to the 13:1 that the motor actually is. Will you get 55MPG? Probably not, because you just got rid of one of the main reasons why the Prius does get that. Could you get 45MPG? I would think you could, but with an added bonus. A 13:1 compression 1.5L motor running on E85 would probably be putting out over 150hp, making the combined output of over 200hp from the Prius, but still maintain 40-45MPG, AND eco friendly!!!!
They were talking about putting the 1nzfe cams from a yaris/echo/xA/xB in a prius and running E85 with 25% larger injectors.

Now that is figuring with E85 and 25% larger injectors but in all honesty running 93 octane on E10 (what I have easily available) and the 13:1 compression ratio it should be very close if not over.

I will have to do a custom exhaust manifold as the one that mr220v had on this swap was lost at some point. I will probably do a custom 4 to 1 pipe just for simplicity. I am probably going to keep a work log on everything over on my website so it will be a central place for all the info. After all is said and done I hope to be able to have a parts list of what is needed so you can do it yourself along with pre-made kits to buy just like our 20v swap kits and such for those that would rather not source everything themselves.