View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 11:43 PM   #79 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Progress-Various Kinds

I just discovered that the J25 is not actually direct injected, yay! That brings back the possibility of using the J25 head, but I would still need to sort out headers and the emissions system. I also found out the compression ratio of the J25, 10.5:1. Thats .5 higher than my current engine .

I tried to measure the accessory belt length sans s̶a̶r̶i̶f̶ P/S pulley, couldn't get the actual belt length, but i figure it is about 28 inches shorter than stock. That puts the new belt length at 56 inches. I peeked down at the P/S rack and got intimidated by the hard line connections on it. Then after reading a forum post about P/S swaps, I realized that those are NPT lines. It should be easy to find the right adapter for them.

Something like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	91611058_L_17a94fb7.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	20713

No aeromod progress recently, if I do end up making something over the weekend it will probably be some wheel strakes.

Tank avg is at 29.6, pretty bad, but there is still hope to save it. I taught two people to drive stick this tank (that's eight in total), and had a record worst commute: 28.6. Lots of traffic, which made the radiator fan run alot. If I keep from doing more short trips and teaching more n00bs, I may squeak above my lifetime avg of 32.8.

I made a good bit of progress on kill switch planning. I have scoured my service manual for wiring diagrams and any information about the injection system. Here is the best chart I can come up with:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Injector diagram.png
Views:	40
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	20714
Edit: Woops, wrong one. Don't have the picture on this computer.

And by progress, I mean I still have NO IDEA WTF i'm doing...

I went to the wiki page on kill switches and want to just try out the suggestions step by step, but the first thing to try, the camshaft position sensor is in the middle of the engine's V. That and it is in very close proximity to the power steering pump's pulley, which would make trying to unplug it on a running engine very dangerous.

I don't have a distributor, so that is out of the question, and according to the diagram I found, there doesn't seem to be ONE injector ground. I really don't want to have to cut into six injector wires.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...

Last edited by Daschicken; 10-17-2016 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: Wrong picture