View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesthatsteve View Post
Hi everyone, I'm Steve, I live in suburban Kansas City, MO, and I'm glad to be here. While I'm new to the forum, I'm not really new to hypermiling. For the last five-plus years, I drove a 2005 Scion xB MT, and there was a small group of people on the ClubxB forums who worked to maximize fuel economy. I didn't keep meticulous records, but based on my Ultragauge long-term readouts (reset annually the last three years), I got between 37 and 38 over the time I owned the car. The updated EPA combined rating is 28.

With the Scion totaled by an inattentive driver a couple of weeks ago, I just bought a 2013 Buick LaCrosse eAssist. Since people on the Buick forums aren't really talking about maximizing fuel economy, I figured I'd come to the source. Looking forward to figuring out how to get greater than the EPA combined 29 in that boat, and to contribute what I do know.

Thanks!
Funky vehicle. Welcome! That eAssist is the system with the extra-powerful alternator that helps on acceleration, isn't it?

This site says the Cd is 0.30 - 0.33 ... I guess it depends on aero packages. Do you know which you have?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.