View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 03:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
ProDigit
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
Sounds like you had better luck than we did with our 2011 Cruze LTZ. Our specific "headache" problems:

1) Transmission randomly "stalled" engine when making tight lefthand corners, such as "U-turn" at intersection...GM couldn't/wouldn't "fix" anything, even though the 2012 transmission 'mysteriously' got a new/different shift-body calibration.
2) The cabin often reeked of antifreeze for no (apparent) reason.
3) The thermostat housing leaked like a sieve...GM repaired it once, but did nothing when the replacement housing/gasket began leaking (but, PEP Boys could fix the problem!!!)
4) The vehicle NEVER got above 32 mpg (and I'm a quasi-hypermiler!).
5) The Z-bar rear axle linkage "clunked" but GM claimed it's normal.
6) The A/C would suddenly quit while driving for no apparent reason; not good when it's 100F+ outside! GM couldn't/wouldn't fix.

GM is no longer on our shopping list for ANY vehicle.
1- never ever had to deal with that, or noticed
2- The coolant smell issue was fixed under my transmission warranty, so I didn't need to pay a penny.
3- I don't even know what you're talking about.
4- i never had it under 34mpg, and used to have 38mpg avg over 3000 miles when we still had a BP station around the corner (bp premium gasoline had 10% better performance. It would read 70mpg at below 40mph in 6th gear.
5- again, not sure what you mean. Never had it on mine.
6- my ac always works, but the compressor is the same one as the sonic and the spark. For the spark it cools too much, for the sonic it works well, for the cruze it can hardly keep up.