View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #139 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
update

*Got the entire upper body doped with resin.
*The wheel fairings are doped and ready for Bondo.
* The upper body and stinger were floated out with Bondo until I ran out (1st gallon).
* The upper body and stinger have been hand-planed with the Surform.
* The upper body and stinger have been primed for a guide coat,to help reveal areas for further Bondo buildup.
* I've created an elliptical 'top' for 'Spirit's' boat tail which will help to enable Morelli's ring-vortex and fluid tail.
* I'll do the same for each side.I'm goin' for something like this:

*I picked up the second gallon of Bondo and some black primer (for guide coat) this AM.3M has jacked up the price another $5 a gallon,Their resin is now over $40 a gallon! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Spirit' is dead in the yard.Cranks,won't fire.I've got an OBD-1 scanner,my brother is mailing me codes,and in a while I'll go to You-Tube to look at tutorials for diagnostics.
BamZipPow made a very generous offer to drive up and help save the day! Thanks again!
I'll keep fabricating while I look at the truck on the side.The Honda is a challenge to drive and always requires a strategy,but will have to do for awhile.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got to town this AM,immediately disconnected the battery and walked from the car to six different destinations before push-starting to get within 4-blocks of Copy-Pro,on a downhill incline which will help for pushing when I get back to the car.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
*I have more photos to share,if Al gets the time.He was swamped with college students last Saturday.
BamZipPow (10-22-2016)