View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 08:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
briantrice
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmo View Post
Hmm I'm holding off moondisks for the moment, I live in an area that has gusty storms. Even on my XJ600 with top case I sometimes have to struggle to stay in my lane.
My current wheel covers have a noticeable effect but have been ok (the rear makes the bike more stable, really, and then the front takes some of that benefit away). I think the Moon discs would fair better by being a bit less flat.

Quote:
I'm working on a non-dirt front fender for the DS now, I'll post some stuff when I got results.
Looking forward to it. Especially if the result is reproducible.

Quote:
Those bags do look good as a temporally solution.
They're the best I've been able to get my hands on. They are scuffed quite a bit on one side now from a get-off at 5mph (bumped into a car that braked hard right when I was distracted). I'm hoping to dig up something narrower or more streamlined for cheap, or to semi-destructively modify the cases to enclose the mounting plate (holes with grommets made where the mounting struts join) and use the inner waterproof liner bag primarily.

Quote:
Could be some side winds I guess.. That's on of the main reasons for me not to go dustbin.
I'm hoping that the DBL2 openings allow enough crossflow to mitigate the risk there. The 2015+ DS suspension is tall enough that crosswind effects are easier to deal with up to a point.

Quote:
Current to list:
- Work on the new front fender
- Find a sealed led headlight that is slightly below 7 inch(the hole in my fairing is a 16,4x16cm oval)

- Find some led indicators for the front side
- Drop stuff at shop
- Wait
- Enjoy more comfort and hopefully a better range.
If you can get the shop to provide a parts list and good description of how they did the work, I'd appreciate it! One-off efforts are fine but I feel like making sure efforts are documented to grow our collective knowledge and so each successive effort can start more quickly and hopefully scale.