View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 04:35 AM   #83 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Wow, you actually did the P/S delete. Hats off to you. That's a heavy car to drive with no P/S. The gas mileage you're getting on better tanks is incredible. I'm getting around the same, but my car is 2200lbs, nearly scraping the ground, and has 11.5 compression ratio.

Now I have no excuse to not do a P/S delete on my car which has half the weight over the front axle...

I was thinking about waiting until my brakes wore out (from track driving, I could never go through a set of pads on the street in 10 years), and then try to modify a Honda EG Civic Wilwood kit to fit. The aluminum hat rotors are thicker which will increase the wheel offset and make the steering easier.

I've been bump starting the car to get the P/S to turn off and practice but I've turned into a wimp from driving with power steering and struggle a lot with it.

As for your injectors, those diagrams have 6 wires for the injectors, and there's nothing that obviously looks like it will shut all 6 down. Try to find which "box" those wires are coming from and check what it controls, if it's just the injectors you can cut power to that box, otherwise I think you'll have to tap relays into all 6 wires.

Last edited by serialk11r; 12-02-2016 at 04:40 AM..