View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 12:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I did tech support for a major anti-virus corp for 9 years. The only adequately paying job I ever had; but you had to take on someone else's pain every 15 minutes.
I just quit my job of 12 years doing tech support (help desk to tier 3, hardware and software) for all computer and phone related technology. It's stressful taking on other's problems, especially when you have 3 people at your desk, 1 on the phone, 1 via chat, and a growing ticket queue of 70, while being the only one on shift.

My new job has higher consequences since it involves radiation therapy tools and patient safety, but it's more limited in scope and hopefully a less overwhelming flow of work.

I once inquired about the price of business-class service to my house, but instead of getting a price quote, I received a non-ending barrage of postal mail, phone calls, and emails, none of which answered my question of how much the service would cost. I figured if they didn't want to be upfront with the price, then I wouldn't want to pay it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acparker View Post
I live on a cul-de-sac and the neighbors are hooked up to three different circuits.

Does you neighbor own his cable modem or does he lease? Comcast likes to control the modems and if yours is a bit out of spec, the commands could be getting misinterpreted or ignored.
I was wondering why they are always asking if I own or lease, because it didn't make sense to me why it would matter. I own all my equipment because I like to maintain as much control as possible, and dislike modem/router combos.

Maybe I should just put all my servers on my neighbor's network

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (12-06-2016)