View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
jakehammer2000
HP economizer

Here's the rulebook:
http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2017/r...20Rulebook.pdf

They say it can't cover the wheel- technically the wheel s not the tire, so I might be able to extend the fender down the sides another inch or two only blocking view of the tire but not the rim- is that even worth it?

I noticed that a lot of factory race bikes have a fender shape like mine, but they cut the back side off a lot sooner than mine. Check out this pic- Nothing to the rear of the fork tubes. I suppose they have a stack of radiators in hand in case they shoot a rock through one.. unlike me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby79 View Post
1)Do they require a stock front finder? Or can you simply make a bigger finder ,cover more tire/wheel . The way i read it you you can not enlarge the findder but you can build a 1pice larger finder. I am gessing that this rule is to maintain airflow to the main brakes.. So make shure your brakes are not compromised by adjustments to shape and size.
1b) depending on the end results, has potential.

2)The fairing on your back is the basic shape I'm referring to. Make it come up to the bottom of white strips down to the seat and back to tip or beyond of the bike . It would be part of you, aka not obstructing in the view of the rider. The other benefit would be that it would work in the corners moving with you when you shift to lean off paint.

Can you post a link to a pdf rule book or web site . TY.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-Aprilia-RS-GP-Marco-Melandri-05b.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	21043