View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 02:42 AM   #115 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
b(o)bjsw10 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjsw10 View Post
Hello everyone, I would like to first introduce myself. My name is Bob, and I recently purchased a 91 Metro Xfi. I was doing work for a customer, and I noticed he had a Metro 5 dr. I asked him if he knew of any for sale he told me "Yes I saw one today on way home from doctor's office, but I don't know if he is selling it." So I found out where it was and went to check it out.

Since then I have been very busy on it.
I changed the oil to 5w30 synthetic, plugs, wires, airfilter, tranny synthetic, set timing @ 7 degs.

I also fixed dent in hood kinda, I am no body man. But can spray paint and Rhino linings. Which is where I work at a combination of Rhino Linings, RV dealership, Ambulance remounting, all in the same building. Also do all the wiring on the vehicles that come in. I am the shop manager so I stay busy, and spray some of the best Rhino there can be (not bragging a lot of experience in it 7 yrs.)

Planned mods:
Rear wheel skirts just looking for free materials still, yea I am a cheapskate.
Front wheels skirts? maybe like Basjoos but different.
Air dam
wiper cowl
antenna delete I listen to cd's anyways
undertray/ diffuser
Some ideas?? suggestions I am a big boy I can take em.
Welcome to EM! I like the momentary off-switch. Good stuff.

I have a hypothetical question. Let's say you gutted the interior to reduce weight. Now you have a sharp/noisy/metallic interior. What if you Rhino-lined the interior? I think you would definitely reduce the risk of getting cut on sharp parts. Mayyyyybe the noisy rattles would also be reduced. But, would the Rhino liner add as much weight as you removed?

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society