View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #147 (permalink)
svt98t
Neutral is my favorite

The Black Pearl - '03 Mercury Marauder 300A
Team Panther

Land Yacht - '08 Lincoln Navigator L Ultimate
90 day: 15.89 mpg (US)

Tank of Justice III - '97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP
Team Panther
90 day: 23.1 mpg (US)
RIP Tank of Justice II.
There was too much rust to try and save it. I really wish it could have made it to 300k, but 225k is still respectable.
However, the ecomodding does not end.

Welcome to the Party, TANK OF JUSTICE III!!!

Yes, the new ride is here. It's a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria HPP with 165k on it. Rust-free, from Arizona, and it has a bad rod knock. It's supper clean. All for the princely sum of $400. So it's really hard to turn down that, especially since it was dropped in my lap.
And I just so happen to have a zero-mile, all aluminum engine that's ready for installation.
hmmm....

Interesting facts about the new Tank:
-HPP (Handling Performance Package), it has bigger sway bars, 3.27:1, dual exhaust, better suspension, sweet rims.
- it's a P73 variant. And it's apparently rare. Most all of the HPPs come in P74, which has power anything, auto everything, blah. My car doesn't even have ABS.
Which leads to:
Base weight of 3617 lbs.
Yes. This car is stock, what my goal was for the TOJ2. It's an amazing starting point. I still need to get it to the scales to verify. Essentially, I didn't know that this variant of the platform existed, and how light it truly was.

I removed the steel drive shaft which was 27 lbs. I'm installed my MMC (Metal Matrix Alcoa) drive shaft which weighs in at 17 lbs. So there's a 38% reduction in rotational mass, and a 10 lbs overall reduction.
I like it!
I also removed the cruise control box and cable, since it's useless and I don't care for it. -2.4 lbs

So my new goal is to have the TOJ3 at 3400 lbs, I'm sure I can remove 217 lbs out of this one. Which will make it 800 lbs lighter than my Marauder.

Pics to follow.
Also, I WILL be in the GGP this year. Mark my words. Third time's a charm.

-ryan s.
2003 Mercury Marauder- 63k, not so fuel efficient; #1,548 of 11,052
2008 Lincoln Navigator L - 244k (don't ask about mpg)