Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #440 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
26k miles on your 2015? Is it always driving or charging to get that many miles? Definitely more impressive that you haven't noticed any capacity loss with doing what must be pretty deep discharges than someone only using a tiny portion of the battery.
The lease is what is limiting us; far more than the battery range. If you do the math, it is 36,000 / 1,095 = ~32.8 miles / day. With 1 charge per day, we can typically drive 3X that.

I had to do a spreadsheet to figure out what the daily use can be to get the car to come out with <36,000 at the end of the lease; which is October 2017. The Leaf is now only about 50 miles over, so we will not have to pay any penalty.

We are planning to return the Leaf at the end of the lease - for several reasons. The main one is that the Bolt EV (and possibly the new Leaf?) will be out, and we will definitely go for a longer range EV.

The second is that my family is not very comfortable in the Leaf - because the rear seat is not comfortable, because the seat is quite low to the floor. So, your knees are high up close to your faces, and this is not good for longer rides (say >30 minutes) even if your knees are okay. My spouse has bad knees, and my son is 6'-6"+ so this greatly limits all four of us being in the Leaf.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
vskid3 (12-17-2016)