View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

I am willing to give you some real help, but you have to be willing to receive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post

Bet this will end in up in the "The Unicorn Corral" soon, been there before...

I was hoping to get some real help this time, but it is not looking too hopeful...
I was hoping you would take to the discussion and not force your views and thus, keep this out of the Unicorn Sin Bin.

I have actually built vapor carbs, GEETs and HHO generators. I also went to university and got a classic science and engineering background. I would really like to help you out if you would be willing to listen to the arguments everyone has put forth. You have to answer those before you can move forward. They are good questions.

And you have to drop the expectations that gasoline has some magical properties that allow gains in the order of magnitudes some people are peddling. You have to realize the Shell Eco Racer is hardly practical as was the Pogue Car. Yes, both utilize principles you can leverage, but the gains will be in the percentage range. Not a doubling and more of your fuel economy.

OldMech was a former member here who was a proponent of a system that does pretty much everything you are outlining. High pressure and temperature was applied to the fuel right before injection. This placed the fuel into a state of "super critical fluids" and allowed them to leverage some interesting properties.

Supercritical fuel injection and combustion - SAE International

I am trying to be as helpful as possible, and in their own ways, so are the rest of the forum members. You have to be willing to join the discussion instead of ignoring the questions.

And I still have the 78 Dodge B350 van I mentioned in another thread. It had a vapor system, hydrogen augmentation and lean burn. It went from 14 mpg on the highway to 21 mpg. At 55 mph, constant. It was educational and enjoyable, but there was nothing magical about the principles we are working with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
ByDesign (01-11-2017), Xist (12-21-2016)