View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Markmysite
EcoModding Lurker

EcoVibe - '07 Pontiac Vibe base
90 day: 38.14 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azraelswrd View Post
Since you've go so much of the front belly panned, a front air dam is probably not necessary.
That's sort of what I was thinking after reading a bunch of car magazine and other aerodynamic articles. It will likely increase my overall frontal area and counter the gains I'd see if I do the full belly pan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Hi,

A general comment about inside vs outside blocks:

I have noticed a (small) difference between taping (the outside) in courses starting at the bottom of the grill vs starting at the top. The only difference is the direction of the overlap -- the air is catching and lifting the seam if you start at the bottom, and this then drags a bit more!

So, if that small detail makes a difference, then blocking the inside of the grill can't be as effective as blocking the outside.
That's interesting on the overlap of the tape. I was thinking of trying some test runs with painters tape over the upper grill.... then with both grills taped ... and then both grills and fogs covered to see if the MPG changes at all. So go from bottom up .... that makes sense ... especially if the tape starts to lift at all.

Last edited by Markmysite; 08-13-2008 at 03:00 PM..