View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 11:28 PM   #64 (permalink)
CR-Z-BUZZ
EcoModding Lurker

Took my Honda CRZ into Discount Tire today to have the 205/65/16s put on, did not fit, not evan close. They put one on the front, lowered it, it rubed hard against the whole inner wheel weld. What is up, did original poster do something to moddify his car to fit such as the wheel welds?

I said something about "spacers" and they explained that would leave less of the lugs so they could strip over time, so that was no go.

My Honda has the factory wheels, maybe I'd have to get aftermarket wheels with a different offset? I have not re-read the original posters post but I am pretty sure he said "on the factory wheels"..sooo..what am I missing here?

They said I could go with smaller tires but I said that was the whole reason to get them in the first place. They said they could try putting on a 205/60/16 but if it rubs while I'm driving it than I'd not be covered (or to that effect I'd be taking the hit). Note: them lowering the car and feeling to see if they rub is not the same as it being driven, which means, on corners or when hitting bumps, turning, they could rub. I experienced that kind of issue on one of my cars when I had a flat during a trip and went to the nearest department store which put on a set that had a taller treadwall and perhaps a bit wider..looked cool, but soon I noticed a rubbing sound...When I got home, I took it to Discount tire and..I don't know how they did this, but they put what I paid for those tires at Wallmart toward a set that fit? Not the first or only time they bent over backwards to help me..

BTW I had decided to have my factory tire put back on, I did not purchase any new tires at this time, they gave me back my $100 deposit I had on them (transferred stock from another store).. they did not charge me one thin dime for all that trouble and non-sence. They didn't even try to make me feel like the fool that I was, but I was doing a pretty good job of that myself which is why I keep going back to them.

I have not looked into this but I wonder if I had new springs put on it to raise it up about 1 1/4". This is going to be difficult to research because everybody else that does mods to the wheels and tires is doing the exact opposite; putting on larger wheels, shorter treadwalls and or lowering the suspension either by changing the springs or converting to coil-over springs. I think it would be cool to have it raised up sorta like a compact SUV.