View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hacksaw
EcoModding Lurker

Black Spark - '14 Chevrolet Spark LS
90 day: 35.68 mpg (US)

K3500 - '93 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually LS
90 day: 9.05 mpg (US)

Mango Tango - '15 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
90 day: 20.85 mpg (US)

Z0MBAE - '96 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
90 day: 16.11 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHero View Post
I too am interested.

What about closing off some of the air duct for the radiator with clear plastic?
Some of you have commented on the "concave" shape of the dam...I'm thinking that the forward rake will help channel the air to the sides because it also follows the curvature of the bumper. If it were straight across, I'm sure it would create considerable drag. In any event, we shall give 'er a try and see what results it produces. I was just giddy at how well it turned out considering it was meant to be a bug shield for Ford F-250 Super Duty, F-350 Super Duty and Excursion...lol

I really like the clear look too, and plan to do a grill block and make turn signal covers to smooth the bumpers' aerodynamics with similar material. Headlight covers for the "buckets" will be soon coming as well. (still trying to figure out the dim pass light problem, though.)

Thanks for the kind words so far. I took it off because I'm still in the middle of tracking my mileage increase with the new XFi cam grind and don't want it to throw off my calculations(either direction). I have some trimming and rounding of the edges to do yet anyway...

There are more pictures of the air dam here:
Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com - Hacksaw's Albums

Hacksaw.

Last edited by Hacksaw; 08-14-2008 at 08:21 PM..