View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
What is the purpose of testing the compression?
Cyberbullying

My engine has lost 36 - 50 PSI in sixteen years and seven months. On average, a couple of PSI a year. Ya gotta give it to me straight, Daox! How long do I have?!

Having lost 23% of my compression, what effect do you think that would have on fuel economy? I understand a $400 rebuild kit would have purchased a great deal of gas, but the HXes on Craigslist are all selling for about what I paid for Chorizo ($2,700), but the blue book is only $1,238!

I replaced the head gasket in a Subaru. I am pretty sure I can rebuild. (Insert 6 Million-Dollar Man) quote here. Meanwhile, I have the Accord.

Should I check that car's compression for reference?

Also, hundreds of dollars and endless hours would be worthwhile for this conversation:

Sister: "When are you going to stop driving that Civic?! I bet your engine will give out any day now!"
Xist: "I just rebuilt it."
Sister: "You did what?! Now the transmission will wear out!"
Xist: "I rebuilt that, too."
/static

Plus, I read they put a gold star sticker on your man card.

No, really, it is win-win. If I keep myself busy with that I would not have time to harass you guys!

I do not remember in what thread Balto talked about his compression and strangely, searching for "Balto compression" gave me one page, nothing relevant.

Please remind me what happened to your Metro. Thanks!

Stubby, there is not a single drop of oil in my parking spot, although I have not noticed smoke.