View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
C3Killer
EcoModding Lurker

C3Killer - '94 Geo Metro Baller Mobile
90 day: 55.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
C3Killer, I am glad you got one and like the improvements! I have heard no negative posts about doing this swap. Be sure to find the letters "X, F, and i" and put them after your Metro label on the back
I was going to find a pinstriper, and have him free hand an XFI after my Metro decal in back.

pint: Congrats on the new cam. How big of a job was it to swap out?

It wasn't a big job at all. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but the only tools needed were a dremel, pair of pliers, and a 10mm wrench. Thats it! Its basically remove the valve cover, take out the 7 bolts holding the cam in, mark the cam timing mark on your belt in something other than a pencil so that if you touch it you will still be able to see it, slip the belt off the cam, remove base cam, replace with XFI cam, put everything back and your done! It took me longer because my valve cover was STUCK! Those 4 acorn nuts on top of the valve cover have these rubber lockers or something, when the nut is tightened, the rubber locks around the bolt to seal it. Those were a pain, but definately a DIY mod! My cars idle has increased also. I figure its because I have a lot more torque now, the engine is running a little easier. I need to adjust the throttle a bit to slower down, and the timing is around 12 degrees now, I will try advancing it a bit and see how she sounds.