View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #270 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
Gasoline liquid never burns, only vapor ever burns. You don't start it 30 degrees early unless you are running at high RPMS and no matter what fuel you use the space that explosion happens in is tiny and starts from the spark plug out.

There your wrong, I have run over a dozen test runs MONITORING all the engines functions on a GOOD scanner, and have seen timing even at 2000 RPMS running in the 30 degrees + on almost all cars.

That explosion doesn't move the piston in and of itself, but the heat of that explosion causes the air to expand and that moves the piston. That heat then is nothing but waste, vapor carb, fuel injection, direct injection, whatever. Your only possible argument would be how much fuel is ignited later and I still say that is not a significant portion, the only portion is designed into the rich mixture from the beginning to make the catalytic converter work. That is not a flaw of fuel injection design but in rules on emissions. Ditch the cat, lean it out and you get any potential gains you get from a hot vapor system. All you are doing with the vapor system is reducing power greatly and bypassing emissions.
Well Until I get one built and test it I cannot say what will happen.

But the science seems to back up the idea.

I HAVE talked with a number of people whom claim they have gotten a nice improvement running a cold vapor system...that being only a booster system...

Rich