View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #297 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoman View Post
Oh dear.

Some of the info there is very very scary showing a complete lack of understanding. Like saying you could make 160 times more by vaporising the fuel. If that were true you could pull a vacuum on the fuel vapor and make it expand many many many more times in volume. It still will not change the amount of energy it contains.

You may be on to something on the combustion efficiency thoug. I am not an expert by any means, but if you can get the fuel to combust faster you can have better control over how the duration where you can extract energy from it. You will need to play with timing, injection rates and a lot of other stuff. Water injection can be used to slow the burn rate.

If you are really really serious about this, i recommend you do a bit of research in to ion sensing where the spark plugs are used to measure the pressure in the cylinder. That way you can see how fast the fuel burns (and hopefully you can see when the burning stops so you do not eject still burning gasses through the exhaust burning your exhaust valves).or find means of installing a pressure sensor on one of your cylinders.

It may be wise to befriend a good ecu tuner who is willing to work with you.

On a carbed engine unless you are running constant speed and constant load, it seems a. It difficult to tune the system. (I am more of a software guy myself so i may be biased).
My plan is to convert Gas to Vapor set the timing at 2 degrees after top dead center and see what happens.

As I plan of feeding it with a fuel injector and running IT (injector) off one of the injector pulses (or more as needed) It might be controllable, I also plan on have a controlled heat system so it too will operate as needed.

So it MIGHT work from idle with a easy clime to cruising speed, for full power the car may have to switch back to the stock system. I figure on that being a automatic switch on and off.

But as it seems 80% of all driving is at a sustained speed (Cruising) I figure it will give a major improvement in overall MPG.

The changing of the timing will be hard on most FI cars so the tuner may be needed.

For my testing I have a after marketed device that can do the work.

Rich