View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #301 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
This is pure unicorn stuff, no car was ever made let alone a trip in 1930, and patents aren't a sign of actually producing anything, just the idea that maybe someday it could be done. A little girl applied for and received the patent for "swinging side it side on a regular swingset".

There are a number of these stories..unicorn perhaps, but I think there is a trail of unicorn droppings to follow...

Having a gallon vaporized into a larger volume doesn't change the BTU in that volume. It's just harder to store.

Will not be storing it, convert and feed right into the engine.

Higher octane isn't better, technically it would be lower octane, the higher the octane the harder it is to burn. The air to fuel ratio is set to allow the converter to work, (What converter??) this is not an option for a modern car maker to ditch. (Of course not after all there is Millions in low MPG in gas and taxes.) As I said, this lean mixture may be the biggest help in these vapor carbs but the same thing can be achieved with programming in a FI car or with jets in a normal carb.
(NO it can't I found the limit on my 4.6 Ford is 16.5 at that it can get around 35MPG.)
There is nothing special there about vapor. (I disagree, read any thing on a ICE and gasoline and they say EVERY TIME the engine burns VAPOR!! Liquid gas will NOT burn.) I bet it is not cleaner then a normal raito in a normal modern car with converter. (Are you talking about the CAT??? Sad we need it to catch the wasted GAS left over from the engines incomplete combustion...)The Ford Raptor for instance actually cleans the air it uses... That's right, it's tailpipe HC levels are actually lower then the HC levels in air surrounding us all.
So it has a bigger CAT..that is a patch to fix something that does not work right in the first place.

Rich