View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 09:13 PM   #77 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
Hi t vago
I'm sorry I still have not said anything, but these days I've been busy and I could not give my opinion, but here it is.
I've been busy, too. No worries.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to separate out the coefficient of lift term from the coastdown equation. Lift, with regard to coastdown testing, is not something that is commonly discussed, but it is there. It varies as the square of speed, so it will affect the measurement of the coefficient of drag. It changes the amount of weight seen by the wheels, thus it changes the tire deflection, and therefore affects the measurement of the coefficient of rolling resistance.

Quote:
This version as you know has many changes so I will not even talk about everything, I will direct me more to the menu. To begin with I think that the menu should be accessed through the middle button and not as it is now with the two buttons.
I just need an idea of how to manually change the backlight brightness of the LCD screen. It was never meant to be a stored parameter. It needs to be immediately accessible... Hm, maybe a long press of the center button.

Quote:
Then maybe you should have the main menus as "Main Display, Big numbers, Statistics, Clock, Coastdown, System information, Settings" and then if necessary sub-menus.
Code:
Ex: "Settings:"
Sub menus: "LCD:" Brightness, Contrast, Color, Unit of Measure, etc.
           "Injectors:" all injector configurations, ChryslerMAP, etc.
           "Clock:" Set the time and (date) when it is implemented.
           "DragRace:" All settings for this menu
           "Coast Down Calculator:"  All settings for this menu
           "Partial Refuel:" All settings for this menu
           "Load / Save:" All settings for this menu
And other sub-menus that are deemed necessary, at the end of each sub-menu the option to go back.
What do you think of this idea?
Very nice idea. Just have to modify the menu code to support sub-menus.

What would "Statistics" be?
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
josemapiro (02-16-2017)