View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #80 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
I have noticed that MPGuino does not always wake up when the car is started, sometimes it is only when the car starts to move that it wakes up.
That's kind of weird. Might be a bug in the injector reading code. I'll look into it.

Quote:
The screen change when the car is stopped was intentional or is a failure, if it is intentional, one should increase the time to see the values, as it is not enough time.
You can change the park (vehicle stopped, engine off) timeout in the settings from 2 seconds to however many seconds you want (up to 255 seconds).

The park timeout was meant to be short because the park timeout causes auto-saving to occur, and after the auto-save occurred, the user could then actually switch off the MPGuino (say, with using a switched ignition voltage source rather than a battery voltage source).

I am puzzled, though - apart from showing that the auto-save occurred, the park timeout screen should be exactly the same as the normal screen. The only time the screen changes is when the idle or EOC timeouts occur, or when the inactivity timeout is reached. You say the park timeout screen changes? Can you show me with a YouTube vid?

Quote:
What are the values of the car that are essential to using the coastdown function.
The coastdown test code uses these stored parameters.

Code:
	FrArea*1000 ft^2 or m^2 - vehicle frontal area
	rho*1000 - air density at the time of the coastdown test
	Cd SamplePd (s) - the period between actual coastdown samples
These stored parameters are returned by the coastdown test code

Code:
	C(d) * 1000 - calculated by the coastdown test code
	C(v) * 1000 - calculated by the coastdown test code
	C(rr) * 1000 - calculated by the coastdown test code
Quote:
The auto-selecting EOC, idle screens is excellent, and the buttons are also more accurate.
Very good job.
Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
josemapiro (02-23-2017)