View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
RoadTripRob
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
Chevy cruze 1.4, ford fiesta 1.0, newish mazda 3 or 6. Heck, my acccord v6 6 speed is a pretty efficient road trip car!

+1 for bike idea.
I already have an 07 cbr1000rr. I can only use it 5 months a year so it is not at all practical.

the cruze has similar running costs to the vett but it looks bad
the fiesta is a pain in the ass to fix when something goes wrong(and costs the same as a c5 vett
mazda 3 or 6 are expensive(not worth the money)
the accord is a good choice but its just a more expensive civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I chose to buy a Prius plug-in with a reconstructed title because I wanted something that could do EV for short trips to the gym and to the grocery store, get good fuel economy on the highway (low Cd), and be able to sleep in. I'm 6'2" (1.88m) and can sleep in the back of a Prius.

The most fun and possibly most economical and practical car I've owned was a 1996 Subaru Legacy. It never needed any work (except plugs and wires), got about 28 MPG, and could go anywhere. I did a ton of sleeping in the back, sometimes with a girlfriend. It was finally retired at 240,000 miles after being rear-ended.
If i have a big contract i need to secure by driving 2000km in -40c on icy roads i wounldnt trust a beat up old car. The rebuild car is a good idea. I know I can get hot girls without a nice car, but i can get more with a nice car.

i looked on the yaris forums and apparently 40 mpg is normal with eco driving and 45mpg is rare and hard. 35mpg is easy in a vette and 40mpg is eco driving. Based on that im ruling out the yaris.