View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:26 AM   #61 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
I'd love to have Forced AutoStop on the G2...
If you key off to kill the engine it takes just too much time to restart and get the gearbox to engage when the lights go green.
It only restarts on key on in P or N so the gearbox has to reengage, which it is reluctant to do when cold(ish).
Also, then it uses the 12V battery to power everything while during AutoStop the DC-DC converter powers the 12V circuitry from the hybrid battery. Given the frequent G2 12V battery trouble I prefer the latter.

I can prolong AutoStop by switching all ventilation OFF when slowing down to a stop (while still going faster than 15 mph-ish). Once stopped you can switch it all back on, the Insight has already determined how long the AutoStop has to last and will hold it for minutes.
That works - so I have to fiddle with the vents controls every time I have to stop. If only I could hit a Hold FAS button...

I guess FAS for the G2 will be hard. I have not heard of anyone even trying it yet.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.