View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 03:03 AM   #64 (permalink)
Natalya
Engine-Off-Coast

Red 2000 Insight (2017 through 2019) - '00 Honda Insight 5MT
90 day: 64.72 mpg (US)

Red 2000 Lithium Insight (2020) - '00 Honda Insight LTO
90 day: 71.76 mpg (US)
Today I drove it to Canada. This is my first road trip in the G2, and everything went well.

Yesterday I did an oil change (my first on the car, the oil life indicator was pretty high when I bought it so I didn't do it right then) and I used Mobil1 0W-20 fuel economy version. I really screwed up the drain bolt, but that's not important because I installed a Fumoto quick-drain valve down there anyway. I had one on my G1, it was the greatest thing ever, so I had to do it to the G2.

Oh and like the car was missing a bunch of underbody clips in the front, and the passenger side forward rubber air strake thing, I don't know what it's called, but I took it off like immediately after buying the car because it was dragging on the ground.

Anyway, I bought 6 clips from Majestic Honda so I put that rubber aero piece back because I now have clips for it, and I got to put the other clips into other places under the car. But 6 wasn't enough, I think I'll buy 6 more because there's still a bunch of slots for them that are empty. There's lots of damage to the front under-panels, the previous owner must have like driven into a sidewalk or something, I have no idea what she was doing to cause the damage down there. There's also some screws missing. Anyway, the extra clips helped out so the front aerodynamics should better.