Thread: He IS superman!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
azraelswrd
Mr. Blue Tape

AzxA - '06 Scion xA
90 day: 42.72 mpg (US)
The guy's a mutant, not an alien... So not Superman but FISHBOY!!!!

I am actually bored with the Michael Phelps Story of Triumph and Discovery thanks to NBC stuffing down my throat for the last week. I am more intrigued into the Dara Torres issue as a 41-yr old who is BEATING out younger swimmers!!! Now that's amazing in a reality where young guns trump the old.

USA basketball looks unbeatable... so I think Dick Ebersole and Bob Costas can drop the stupid "REDEEM TEAM" tagline because there is nothing to redeem -- they are crushing all the puny nations of this world. But it's sad and ironic that NO ONE is paying the women's basketball team any mind and they are as dominant (if not more). But I guess that's because nobody cares? No idea. I have yet to see NBC air the women's games.

(oh and as USA is in the process of dismantling the Spanish team, I can't help but think about the stupid photo they took... I know it's more offensive to the Chinese-Americans and Chinese-Canadians but I'm (not) surprised that no one has jumped all over the OTHER Spanish athletes who did the same stupid slant-eyed pose either. I hope Rafael Nadal didn't pose...)

My 5 pillars of fuel efficiency:
  • driving style
  • aerodynamics
  • tires
  • weight reduction
  • engine maintenance