View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Blue07CivicEX
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
I didn't see anything in that link about H2O Generators for cars, I saw a lot about the future of hydrogen use in general which I would guess most people on this site agree with, now, whether hydrogen produces more mpg then would be lost by electrolysis is the real debate, most people are saying you don't get something for nothing. The reason hydrogen is a possible fuel source in the future is you have large plants creating hydrogen using electricity generated by large power plants (hopefully solar and wind farms). This reduces the cost of hydrogen generation, even if you used your wall outlet in your house to produce the hydrogen, then stored it then put it in your car to "assist" the gasoline it would be more plausible then to say a gasoline engine can produce hydrogen and the hydrogen can in turn reduce the amount of gasoline that needs to be burned, if this was the case you could ween your car off gasoline and use just hydrogen eventually and you would have a perpetual motion machine.... which doesn't work.

Ok, getting down off my soap box to end this rant.
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.