Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Workride - '07 Chevrolet Aveo5 SVE
90 day: 51.74 mpg (US)
He's going to do it. Let him do it. In the end he will know more than he does now and that is a good thing. The sun once revolved around the earth and the world was flat, and man could not fly, the smartest men of those times believed in them. Perception is reality, until perception evolves, then, a new reality. There are things in this world that the smartest of mankind believe to be true, in time some will find that they are wrong and move on to a new understanding. What's the worst that can happen following a false lead, knowledge.

homeworkhome53

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
94 Acura Vigor "FlexFuel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anox195 View Post
The problem with that is...my engine is not splitting the atoms! ... maybe clean it out and refill every 4 months. Hydrogen will only fuel about 30% of my cars needs...
You're right...no one said you're splitting atoms...but you are splitting molecules, which takes considerable energy. (Do some scientific research! Read a book!)
If you are only replacing water every 4 months then you are producing maybe a cubic centimeter of hydrogen per day (if you're lucky) which is not enough to cause a difference. (Do some scientific research! Read a book!)
Where did you get the "30%" figure if you are only adding water once every 4 months...even at once a week you could never produce enough hydrogen to equal 30% of your fuel needs. (Do some scientific research! Read a book!)

E85 ~$3.17/gal.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
What? THIS IS MY GOOD CAR

The Japillac - '87 Honda Accord LXi Sedan
90 day: 31.77 mpg (US)

Ranchero GT - '73 Ford Ranchero GT

Spaz - '83 Chevy S10 4X4 Tahoe
90 day: 27.53 mpg (US)
Send a message via ICQ to justpassntime
anox195

If you haven't been there yet go to http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/

This guy has got more on the internet than anyone. He builds, test, documents, and uses them on his own vehicles. Click on every link you will learn something you didn't know before.
When I checked last I think he was getting 3-4 mpg better with the booster.

Check his YouTube stuff too.

Check the booster rally results. Larry Boyce has a 61 plate booster he runs.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Polymer - '89 Honda Civic Hatch Std 4 speed
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Woodstock - '69 MG Midget 1275

Nekobus - '06 Scion xB
Of course _HE_ has the "proof". He's trying to sell them for 270 bucks a pop.

There's a reason there are THOUSANDS of people online touting the benefits of homeopathic remedies - Because they can sell you half an ounce of WATER for $20.

If you're into podcasting (who isn't, these days). I highly reccommend the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe. It's a group of skeptics/scientists that debunk all sorts of flim-flammery. It's some pretty entertaining listening too.

The Skeptics' Guide To The Universe

"keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out" - Richard Feynman

Old 07-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Steady as she goes

Shooting Star - '95 geo metro
90 day: 59.91 mpg (US)

HUFFER - '98 Buick Riviera Super Charged
90 day: 30.69 mpg (US)

Kandy, Flake-n-Flames - '96 Buick Riviera Base
90 day: 32.13 mpg (US)

Blue Z - '07 Nissan 350Z coupe
90 day: 34.13 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeworkhome53 View Post
He's going to do it. Let him do it. In the end he will know more than he does now and that is a good thing. The sun once revolved around the earth and the world was flat, and man could not fly, the smartest men of those times believed in them. Perception is reality, until perception evolves, then, a new reality. There are things in this world that the smartest of mankind believe to be true, in time some will find that they are wrong and move on to a new understanding. What's the worst that can happen following a false lead, knowledge.

homeworkhome53
WHAT HE SAID !!

How about a 1 Litre Street rod?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Ive been dinking with HHO a bit. I dont know what to believe, so I figure Ill try some things and find out sooner or later. I made a Smack booster for almost free and it put out 1.5 LPM, not enough to make a difference on the car but a good learning experience. Ive also been working on a 101 cell Boyce box, Ill probably finish it later this year, Im just using cutoffs from work as they become available. Im not going to invest a lot of time or money into this. Basically Ive done the machining and all when its been nasty outside and Id have not been doing much anyway. Itd be really something if it does increase mpg evevn a little, but Im not holding my breath. And if it doesnt make a difference on a car, then Im not really out anything and I can at least use it as a water torch, something Ive been wanting anyway.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver

Old 07-22-2008, 04:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
What? THIS IS MY GOOD CAR

The Japillac - '87 Honda Accord LXi Sedan
90 day: 31.77 mpg (US)

Ranchero GT - '73 Ford Ranchero GT

Spaz - '83 Chevy S10 4X4 Tahoe
90 day: 27.53 mpg (US)
Send a message via ICQ to justpassntime
mellenniumtree,

He may be selling them but he also gives away all the info to anyone that wants to build one. It's all on the website. Do you see any of the other booster sites giving anything away?

Anyway these are not for fuel replacement just a fuel enhancer to help burn what now goes out the tail pipe.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
I didn't see anything in that link about H2O Generators for cars, I saw a lot about the future of hydrogen use in general which I would guess most people on this site agree with, now, whether hydrogen produces more mpg then would be lost by electrolysis is the real debate, most people are saying you don't get something for nothing. The reason hydrogen is a possible fuel source in the future is you have large plants creating hydrogen using electricity generated by large power plants (hopefully solar and wind farms). This reduces the cost of hydrogen generation, even if you used your wall outlet in your house to produce the hydrogen, then stored it then put it in your car to "assist" the gasoline it would be more plausible then to say a gasoline engine can produce hydrogen and the hydrogen can in turn reduce the amount of gasoline that needs to be burned, if this was the case you could ween your car off gasoline and use just hydrogen eventually and you would have a perpetual motion machine.... which doesn't work.

Ok, getting down off my soap box to end this rant.
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #29 (permalink)
Deadly Efficient

Olivia - '03 Pontiac Vibe base
90 day: 36.01 mpg (US)

R2-D2 - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.81 mpg (US)
This reminds me of a high school kid I knew when I was in college. We worked at a bike shop together and had many fun discussions. He wanted to build an electric car. What kind of batteries ya gonna use, I asked.
No batteries, he said. Solar panels.
What if a cloud goes across the sun, I asked.
Ok, he said. I guess a battery to store some electricity until the cloud passes.
What about at night, I asked. You might want to go somewhere after dark.
Aha, he said. I've already thought of that. I'll put florescent lights in a box that sits on top of the solar panel.
What will power the lights, I asked.
The battery, he said...

He eventually graduated high school and learned better. He's actually quite bright.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Charlie View Post
This reminds me of a high school kid I knew...

"What will power the lights" I asked.
"The battery..." he said...

He eventually graduated high school and learned better. He's actually quite bright.
I love it.

When I was 11, I took apart a retractable seatbelt winder, figureing it would just turn, and turn, and turn under it's own power. Then I could somehow use it to power my bicycle

When I was 14, I was pretty sure I could make my <inexpensive> BMX bike lighter by filling the frame and inner tubes with helium...

I guess it's called the learning process

Closed Thread  Post New Thread