View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
unsure

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_yeti View Post
I am beyond a noob. I need to start doing more reading and brush up on my math, cause I'm barely following what you're saying at this point. I have no idea what EMT or rigid IMT is. I only chose 3/4" electrical conduit pipe because I saw a thread with a crew cab f250 on here, and that's what the member used. its also because I happened to come into about 10 6'-8' lengths of it for free through my work. so it was also a convenience thing.

Back to how ignorant I am to all of this, I was only first considering a convex cap because that's what most members had done with their trucks, in following the template. Although I had seen a couple members to flat/straight line caps with rounded edges. I joined this forum and want to do these mods out of necessity. Budget and fuel savings are the biggest reasons. I also mainly started this thread because there were things I was unsure about and can really only afford to do this once. So far, the more this thread goes on, the more I feel over my head. Not to say its any member's fault, its just showing that I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the more technical part of this stuff.
After 40-years of this I'm never sure of a thing.But the chance to succeed always trumps any apprehension.
Dyson said that he never learned anything from his successes,only his failures.
Elon Musk is paying over $67 an hour for this stuff.Failing your way to victory is cheaper in the long game.
BamZipPow (05-10-2017), freebeard (05-06-2017)