View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 01:52 AM   #174 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post

1979 Dasher diesel. Technically the Audi 80, rebadged for VW as the B1 Passat, re-rebadged for the US market as the Dasher. 0-60 in 19 seconds (vs 13 seconds for the gas version )
This restyling had never been applied to the Brazilian versions of the B1 Passat. BTW I've never seen a 2-door factory-fitted with the Diesel engine, only the 4-door Passat LDE bound to regional exports.

The only fastback Karmann-Ghia I know is the TC

Quote:
That Gurgel is down in cRiPpLe_rOoStEr territory.
I haven't seen a X-15 in stock conditions for a long time, actually haven't seen any since 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingie View Post
someone should start making Kubelwagens with modern diesels and register them as ATV's
Having a handful of neighbors who are Holocaust survivors, I'd not feel so comfortable to roam around in a Nazi-looking ride, even though the Kubelwagen seems to be a quite good off-roader. I'd rather get something like that T3 Syncro that I spotted in 2012 while I was walking my dog (pictures taken by me and uploaded on the blog of a friend).

Some more T3 pictures, those were taken by a friend. This one with Canadian plates is a turbodiesel

Surprisingly, this one with Argie plates looks air-cooled...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
ChopStix (05-23-2017), freebeard (05-23-2017)