View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 09:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
puddleglum
Master EcoModder

Rondo - '07 Kia Rondo EX
Last 3: 20.47 mpg (US)

Tinkertoy2 - '00 Toyota Echo base
Team Toyota
Last 3: 46.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessjoe View Post
does anyone know if the sg can have up on the screen

instant mpg

average... that i can reset at any time, so i cant tell for driving style over 10 min or whatever intervals

and average for the tank

all at the same time
I've never personally tried the Scangauge E, but it appears to have all the same trip computers built in like the SG2. It might work for you. Here is the link to the manual. You can reset the current trip on the fly and use it to check short distances. You just may not be able to see it along with the instant mpg on the same screen
http://www.giffordautomotive.com/SGC...SGE_UM_101.pdf

I was going to buy a SG-E and give it a try but decided to just move my SG2 over to Tinkertoy. If I was buying again I think I would buy the SG-E. Personally, I find I really only focus on instant MPG and maybe load. Looks like you can scroll through different gauges easier than on the SG2.
I love my SG2 though. It's not without its flaws, but very helpful. Not sure where you are, but in Canada, the SG-E work out cheaper than the UG. Ultimately you pick the one that you think will do what you want. Don't blame you for wanting a dedicated gauge instead of a Bluetooth one, much more convenient.

Almost all my driving is done 1-5 miles at a time.
Best short trip: 2.4 l/100 km, 3.9 km