View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
ecocruze
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Don't worry I checked your page out a bit. I'm in the works of redirecting my intake to make a warmish air intake. The way I have it now intake get maybe 10-12° above ambient. Idk if it will help me any with the intercooler. No I probably shouldn't do a delete lol. I'm also playing with a bit of coroplast. That's mostly on the explorer though. With grill block and roof rack cross bars taken out increased speed up 5 mph roughly and maintained same average mpg as before modding. Will be putting spats on that soon. Can u mod my Cruze so I don't feel bad about doing it. I'll do the explorer lol.
Oh what would you use to pull more warm air off the engine. Budget modding here so was looking towards pvc. Already pulled grill off Cruze to remove original snorkel air intake crap. Choke point. I'm thinking of grabbing a cone filter and making my own adjustable wai. In that event need to figure out some sort of air straightening before maf. Any suggestions for materials I'm open to just about anything rational on a 2014 vehicle lol