View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
ecocruze
CruzeMTgrind

BlueBawls - '14 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
90 day: 48.47 mpg (US)

Eddie - '02 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I am using black PVC, I think. What I like about it is it is capable of absorbing and holding heat longer than the dryer hose I originally used. I imagine that means on longish drives it becomes quite warm and helps heat or sustain the heat of the air pulled from over the exhaust manifold. Keep in mind that the shape and texture of the tube affects sound and I have seen smart people claim that it effects efficiency too, even though one would imagine the throttle plate would undo any effects engineered into the intake tubing.

BTW, hey, your mention of an intercooler tipped me off that I misunderstood... you have the 1.4 turbo and not the 1.8 NA! Didn't mean to dis your ride. That turbo is still a great vehicle choice. Much simpler than a hybrid or EV (which are also fascinating but I guess not for me yet).
Don't feel bad about the dis. I was plugging at it myself. I think with the gearing I have in the eco with the 1.8 I could manage better numbers since EOC would be more prevalent. With this car there seems to be no sweet spot for acceleration. Once u hit 50% load instant mpg drops of like a cliff. At least with every NA car I have owned there is what I like to call a sweet spot. Especially the explorer accelerate pretty solid getting 18 mpg once it's warm. Gonna override the tcc lockup on that. Toggle switch. Think I'll be able to reach 28 with that alone. 30 mpg will be aero on there. Anyways I'll look into pvc fittings and measure things out. Do u think I will have adverse effects since the intercooler?