View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #269 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
ChopStix — Nice motor. I was down to the shop yesterday and the mechanic, Jerry, was beating on a chrome tin because the hole for the spark plug didn't align with the spark plug so he could get a wrench on it. I've seen chrome aftermarket generator pulley saw into the pedestal.

Get OEM engine tin and have it powder coated with "chrome" if you must.

Quote:
Do you have a picture of the proposed Wickerbill on a sedan delivery beetle? Or something for visual reference?
AKA Gurney flap. Here's a helicopter with them.

Wikipedia identifies this as a "horizontal stabilizer" So long as it is installed at the point of separation on the curved trailing edge it shouldn't add to the overall frontal area. It would be in the form of an inverted U-shape. A better suggestion might be what aerohead calls 'Fashenfeld tearing edges'. I posted a picture at Permalink #180.

The rear engine complicates things, but the ideal diffuser would run at 4° from the rear torsion bar housing. The heat exchanger boxes might have to go. OTOH you have 1500 cubic feet per minute of hot cooling air that could be used for Coanda nozzles.

One thing others have done for cooling is to notch the luggage compartment floor so air can flow over the transaxle and up to the fan intake. IDK how well that works.