View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #171 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Saving the World with $100 trillion.

Whenever a salesman tries to convince you to spend money unnecessarily, when you bring up cost, they try to convince you you cannot put a price on intangibles.

If you remember my super awesome thread that I personally asked to have closed, I asked how to improve global health with a far smaller sum of money. I am horrible at going off on tangents, yet I struggled to keep that on-topic.

We discussed the ridiculous number of people going hungry (and the way those numbers are manipulated), people who may eat enough, but still lack proper nutrition, those that lack access to clean water (and sanitation), and probably other issues like illiteracy, etc.

Think how much larger your echo chamber could be if people channeled money into people suffering now and they were able to chime in and say "Yeah! Xist is a nutcase!"

Has anyone claimed there are too many people yet in this thread? China tried to control their population and it backfired, but there must be many places where there are more people than resources to support them. I do not not know whether it was correlation or causation, but I shared an article about the more education a woman has, the fewer children she typically has.

My solution was to improve educational opportunities for women in the third world. Hopefully that helps them take care of themselves (and their families) better and we should have more people trying to improve the world.

If fewer of them have children they cannot support, is that a bad thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (06-22-2017)