View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #83 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasElectric View Post
California98Civic
I was reading you build thread yesterday. You were working on a battery box, did you ever finish (or, is that still an going project)? ...
Maybe someday I will return to it. I kept my template shape with the outlines of the components. I tried some small cardboard-to-fiberglass projects before attempting the battery box. I concluded I would rather wait until I have more experience before building something that must combine sturdy, waterproof, lightweight, have ports for the charging plug and key, and still be reasonably good-looking.

So I just cut the stock aluminum box to fit my triangle and made my own bracket from the cut parts. Even that has some significant (not visible or severe) mistakes. Just today I dropped in at my hardware store for spring washers for part of the battery mount. And I concluded I need (removable blue) locktite for the frame mounting points. Rattles and looseness develop over lots of miles. A more experienced person I am sure would not need to find that out the way I did.

All good. Did nine miles on the ebike running errands this morning before 9am.

You're gonna love your bike when I gets fully operational. And your craft looks solid and experienced. Dig it.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.