View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 09:35 AM   #100 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin_t View Post
Can you recommend me store with fast delivery, I will need to order the parts to the hotel wher my buddy will stay. ...
are there any manuals where I can find gear ratios and some information about dimensions of shafts etc. for European engines?

thanks in advance!
Marcin
I have to answer quick because I am about to leave for work.

1) for stores: Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store and https://www.hondapartsnow.com/

2) Honda FSMs for these older cars can often be found online for free. I have a pile of them in PDF form.

3) A cheaper option would be to buy a used 7th Gen Civic transmission with the taller 5th gear and either swap the whole thing or part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBennie View Post
... a 2001-2005 style AWD Civic 5 speed from Japan that comes with a D15 ( I think), Perfect for my offload Insight. I see them from time to time on eBay and they are always cheap ($250 usually) but the sellers never can answer my questions which are gear ratios? Will the CRV style rear diff work out? Is it rebuildable in USDM world? Lastly is there any seller in the western states that you recommend I contact for one?
This is a tougher one and a bit beyond my personal experience... too little time right now... I gotta run to work, but have you asked the sellers for codes from the transmission bell housing? If you can get codes you might get somewhere. Otherwise, the best technique will always be laying your hands on an example and counting flywheel rotations and gear teeth!

Maybe there are others reading this thread who can help more. gotta go!...
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.