View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
New tires for the 3rd gen Prius

Well my tires are starting to get a slow leak and are 6.5yo and need of replacement. I have a set of cooper cs3 grand touring tires which aren't particularly lrr so I'm hoping the new tires will give me a nice boost.
Here are my options:

All 195/65/15 prius fit lrr tires.

1: Bridgestone Ecopia Ep422 (JP, S rated) 88.7
2: Continental PureContact W/ Eco tech 89.47
3: Goodyear assurance fuel max 107.68
4: michelin energy saver a/s 121.9

The only thing I've noticed is Michelins are always pricey, mileage warrantys are always bs with every tire, and there is no such thing as actually getting a tire rebate (you'll never qualify no matter what).

So I know the Ecopia will get decent gas mileage, without being sporty, probably not quiet.
The conty is the sporty tire, quiet, but i'm not sure about the fuel economy with them.
The goodyear can get good mpgs but goodyear is usually ****, unless someone else has a reserved opinion in them.
And michelin of course will be nice tires with great fuel economy but such a % cost higher the fuel mileage negates itself.

What tire would you slap on the Prius next? Right now I think I can get 52 around town but only 41 on the interstate.

Could the michelin have the quietness of the conti and mpg of the ep422 rolled up in one?

Honestly my main priority is an extremely quiet tires with good mpg. The prius is pretty loud on the interstate.

(and i posted a poll but it wouldnt take )

Last edited by hayden55; 07-30-2017 at 01:55 AM..