Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 09:04 AM   #106 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Problem is, this 50k+ price still makes it a car for the rich early adopter. It can't compete with the Bolt or the upcoming Ioniq on price. Or a 40kWh Gen2 Leaf or Zoe. Which means most eco conscious buyers will still be looking at Civic, Camry, Focus, Cruze at way less than half the price.
Who really wants $8,000 worth of autonomous hardware? A very expensive toy. I would leave out all of the airbags if I could save another $5,000. Cars are ridiculously expensive. $50,000 is not what the world needs. Mass consumption gone mad.
The $35,000 (- incentives + $1200 delivery cost) versions will be produced eventually.
It will still be bigger and faster than the Leaf, Bolt and Ioniq.
The Leaf is not here yet either, and the Ioniq does not have the range.

To each their own, but if I had to choose between these 4 I'd kick myself if I didn't get the Tesla.
But I expect the Ioniq to be substantially cheaper than the others and would therefore probably buy that, despite the range.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (08-01-2017)