View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #127 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
Hypermiling in its simplest form can provide substancial gains as shown by the multitude of members here. There is not even a basis to argue that.

You are also wrong about automakers providing technology that shuts engines off completely. If you had done what Metro asked you would know this.

Your ignorance on this subject and the attitude of "I work hard for my money and if I want to spend it on gas then by god I will." is exactly why gas prices are high to begin with. High demand brings about high prices. This not only leads to higher gas prices, but higher prices of everything that is shipped which is pretty much everything you will ever buy. Gasoline and diesel prices effect everything. What happens when high prices start putting truckers out of business? Demand for trucking goes up and prices increase. Its a chain effect and I'm sorry that you are too blind to see it. You and others like you are the main problem.

If you continue to post here with this continued attitude you will simply be banned. Your posts are neither constructive nor helpful to anyone here.