View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Shepherd777
Grand Imperial Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by seifrob View Post
It looks awwsome. Sorry for probably stupid question ( my closest experience with trucking is from playing few times 18 wheels of steel PC game, so negligible). I was living under impression that most of the owners-operators owns just a rig and tows whatever their contractor needs to haul.
Your setup seems to give best results with tractor+trailer combo. So how is it? Do truckers usually own both tractor and trailer or not? What performance do you expect with standard trailer? Have you tested tractor alone? Do you plan something for flatbeds, too? Inflatable boat-tail?
Thanks. This is an integrated prototype concept vehicle, not an owner operator vehicle. One must have an integrated aerodynamic unit, with components that work in harmony with each other, for the best aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.

Many owner operators in the U.S. lease to a large carrier, operate under the carriers authority, and use the carriers trailer. Many other owner operators lease to a large carrier and use their own trailer. And a lot of owner operators have their own operating authority and own all of the equipment.

This tractor will never be hooked up to standard trailer. We are striving for the best Class 8 truck fuel efficiency in the world, and a standard trailer would only detract from that.

We have not tested anything yet. We are currently wrapping up the build.

Flatbed versions, or an inflatable boat-tail, are not in the cards.

http://www.airflowtruck.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shepherd777 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-14-2017), BamZipPow (10-09-2017)