View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanBurn View Post

-I run Prius wheels on my Corolla. They are very light and they chose them for a reason. If you can't find Prius wheels that will fit, see if there are light alternatives as previously mentioned. Aero modifications make more difference at highway speeds. At city driving speeds momentum of course is your ally and aero mods will play a smaller role. No to the spoiler over rear window. You want to keep the air flow attached. Do an upper grill block, leave the bottom open. Look at putting a bumper chin to radiator pan with coroplast (super cheap and effective).
Have you seen the rear window angle on a 2002 corolla? If the airflow can't stay attached over the rear window of my accord, then it definitely won't stay attached over the corolla's rear window. However, IF you make a window spoiler, make it significant, like 8+ inches long. A kammback would be even better. Absolutely agree on the bumper to radiator panel. That is a bad aero/cooling spot on WAY TOO MANY cars.

Here is video evidence of my accord's rear window flow separation. Not a great video, but its what I got.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...

Last edited by Daschicken; 04-22-2018 at 10:31 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Daschicken For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-21-2017)