View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 11:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
I think the Mihindra one will end up winning most of the contract. They may order some of the electric ones, but the Mihindra will check all of the boxes for the least money. They want to get on the map better in the US and how better than putting one in every neighbourhood, everyday?

As far as 4wd, I sure hope so. We have a few now but they are built poorly ergonomically IMO compared to the standard current LLV. I don't have one on my route and it's pretty bad already. Steep hills, hardpack snow and ice, winding canyon. The bean counters say the $80 each studded tires are no go because they are 30# short on load capacity for a 2800# rear GAWR so we have to use the non studded 30# over rating $275 each LT tires. So we run $70 chains that need repaired or replaced every week or so. You just hope when they break, they don't take out a brake line before you can stop and put on a zip strip to hold up the loose ends. I also would love the electric just for the peace and quite I would get the rest of the year. My current truck sounds like a WW2 German tiger tank.