View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #84 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
CT Maybury,

Yes my injection pump is all mechanical (no more computer) the only wire for it is the “on” solenoid. (Also the cold start advance, but I don’t know if I will use that or not.)

The lots of wiring you are seeing is for the relays and fuses that control the glow plugs, electric fans, fuel pump, starter, IP solenoid, etcetera. I prefer relays over high power switches. Figure there are four wires per relay and it adds up fast even for a simple setup. I am also going to end up replicating all the functionality of the entire electrical system of the vehicle on this board, so things like turn signals, brake lights, etcetera will all be relay controlled from this location.

Yes, you can tune the mechanical DB2 pump with a screwdriver as well. From my research I would be inclined to swap the timing chain for timing gears, as I have heard reports of significant slop in the timing chain, before trying to push the timing too far out of the box on this engine. There are aftermarket gear sets available for the 6.5 and DB2.