View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 12:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
My OBD-II reader stopped working, so I need to go off of the temperature gauge. I normally do not run the heater, but I recently tried when I got back to town, and it blew cold, so I imagine my sensor is good, but the thermostat is bad.

I already have it on my list when I get around to replacing my timing belt, but I think I will worry about studying for the GRE first. I finally take it on the 29th!

I just installed the grill block yesterday and I feel quite confused. I used to drive 600 miles per tank, but that slowly dropped to 500. Last week I replaced the PCV valve, drove 141 miles, filled up, drove 133 miles to Page, taped marine wrap over my grill and bumper, shrank it, and drove a total of about 320 miles before hitting half a tank--instead of 250, like my recent tanks.

We will see what my fuel economy is when I fill up, but it looks like I am running risk of getting 40 MPG at 40°, while my best tanks were in June and September.

The grill block is weird. On level ground, my engine seems warm, but not overly so, but I needed to turn on the heater when I climbed a hill!

There are worse things than running the heater when it is forty degrees, but I need to adjust the grill block.

Last edited by Xist; 09-08-2020 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: typos