View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 11:46 AM   #29 (permalink)
me and my metro
Master EcoModder

Economy Saturn - '02 Saturn L200
I read through this thread again and I see you have no resolution yet. So here goes: does everything else work? I will assume all other exterior lighting works since you did not mention any other problem. Does this car have daytime running lights and if so do they work correctly? On my 4 headlight Saturn the daytime running lights are a function of the high beams. So I am only going to concern myself with the regular headlights. Does the dimmer switch seem to work correctly? However it works, push forward and back or ratchet back to change. Probably still has pull back to flash to pass function. If all this works except the driver’s side low beam now we can start. These checks only take a few seconds if you can see the light pattern on a wall. I check all light functions of everything I work on each time I have one in the shop.
Remove both low beams since one side works and one doesn’t. You have a “good” side to compare readings. Check both wires on the good side. Check + and - on the connector. Now check the + on the connector and ground the black test wire to a good chassis ground. Check both sides of the car this should tell you if you have power to both plugs and compare ground connections. Let us know what you find.
The Following User Says Thank You to me and my metro For This Useful Post:
Xist (12-26-2017)