View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
It resembles the Brazilian CBR 450 SR, which had a bigger parallel-twin instead of that 4-cyl due to local content laws.
Interesting, never heard of that bike. Not really a surprise as Honda has made a LOT of bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
But anyway, even though nowadays I would prefer something less rev-happy and more oriented toward low-end torque, this engine is a marvel of engineering.
I can understand. This engine produces fingernail bending torque, at least in this configuration. I compared header sizes, and my 250cc's header tubes were BIGGER than an R1's. It might have had something to do with the design team overpowering the engineering team and not wanting pencil thin header tubes. The MC22 has slightly smaller headers, as well a slightly lower lift on the cam profiles. Honda did take this engine and retune it for better lower and midrange power in the hornet 250. They also dropped the rev limiter down to 16,000 rpm. I will consider gettting one, but other bikes are at the front of the list, namely the CBX 1000(see video), and it is already so similar to my cbr.

EHEM

The only literbike I would consider getting.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...